Access the latest information, trends and statistics on internet safety and bullying
Identify the signs that someone is being bullied or unsafe on the internet
Read tips from the experts on encouraging internet safety, and what to do if you suspect your child is unsafe or being bullied
Create your own Family Prevention Plan
Concerned about your teen and bullying? Consider these questions:·
- Has your teen ever played a “practical joke” on someone through email or through another person’s myspace.com page?
- Does your teen avoid certain activities when they know a particular peer might be there?
- Has your teen been in trouble due to threatening behavior?
- Does your child often complain of being hungry, even though they take lunch money to school each day?
- Has your child “lost” several valuable or cherished items at school throughout the school year?
...or take these more extensive Bully or Bullyied Quizes.
Is your teen a safe cyber surfer? Consider these questions:·
- Has your teen ever met someone face to face after first “meeting” online?
- Does your teen’s screen name give away identifying information about them?
- Do you regularly monitor your teen’s Web site profile or personal blog, including the links, pictures, and who is listed in their “network”?
...or take these more extensive Internet Safety Quizes, Quiz 1 or Quiz 2.